Apakah Jengkol Menyebabkan Kolesterol Tinggi? Begini Faktanya Menurut Dokter×

Does Jengkol Cause High Cholesterol? Here's the Facts According to the Doctor×

Money.nikaniku.com – Does Jengkol Cause High Cholesterol? Here’s the Facts According to the Doctor×. Does jengkol cause high cholesterol? Considering this one food is often favored by people in Indonesia. In fact, many also consume jengkol with additional white rice and chili sauce.

However, many are also reluctant to eat jengkol because of the myth that jengkol causes cholesterol. However, the myth is wrong. Community nutritionist and founder of Dr Tan and Remanlay Institute, Dr Tan Shot Yen, M Hum, explained that jengkol does not cause high cholesterol.

According to him, cholesterol is naturally produced by the liver in the body about 80 percent, while the other 20 percent is triggered by foods of animal origin, such as meat.

“The only thing that can make cholesterol is animals and humans,” he said when contacted by detikcom, Wednesday (29/6/2022).

“80 percent of human cholesterol is made by the liver itself. And only 20 percent of food,” he added again.

Although it does not cause high cholesterol, Dr. Tan warns that jengkol has the risk of becoming jengkolat crystals which can cause kidney failure if consumed in excess. Likewise, it can become a problem if it is processed in an unhealthy way, such as fried, stewed with a lot of soy sauce, and so on.

“Unlike jengkol, which is at risk of becoming jengkolat crystals, it can lead to kidney failure,” he said again.

“What makes the problem even more is adding rice, crackers and so on. Or processed in a less healthy way, such as fried, stewed with a lot of soy sauce and so on,” continued Dr Tan.

See also  5 Tips on How to Get Rid of Blackheads Naturally

What is the Reasonable Limit for Consumption of Jengkol?

Dr. Ari Fahrial Syam, SpPD-KGEH, a gastroenterologist from Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital, some time ago explained that consuming only one or three jengkol should not be excessive.

“Just one, two, or three. Sometimes you can,” answered Dr. Ari.

According to Dr. Ari, everyone’s reaction is different depending on a person’s sensitivity to the jengkolic acid contained in jengkol. However, he still advises not to consume too much. Especially in people who have previous kidney disorders.

“For those who have had disturbances, they have to be more careful,” he concluded.

×

Check Also

3 Manfaat Kencur yang Bisa Dapat Menyaingi Efek obat-obatan

3 Manfaat Kencur yang Bisa Dapat Menyaingi Efek obat-obatan

Money.nikaniku.com - 3 Manfaat Kencur yang Bisa Dapat Menyaingi Efek obat-obatan. 3 Manfaat Kencur yang Bisa Dapat Menyaingi Efek obat-obatan - Kini manfaat kencur sudah lama dikenal oleh masyarakat Indonesia sebagai salah sato obat-obatan home grown tradisional yang cukup baik untuk menjaga kesehatan tubuh. Jenis tanaman home grown yang sering kali dikonsumsi sebagai jamu atau [...]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.